My fabulously wonderful friend Jillian lives all the way across the ocean in Canada. It sucks. However, we manage to keep in touch and stay friends across the miles using many, many methods. Notes, FB messages, Instagram, and music. Ya heard me. Music.
From 2006 to 2012, Jill made us four Christmas CDs – she’s slacked off in recent years citing the fact that we’ve run out of good music. Possibly true.
So I am going to give you my favourites across two posts, ranging from happy to sombre, and if we’ve missed any good ones, please let me know so I can add them to the next compilation!
- Sleigh Ride – KT Tunstall
- I Saw Three Ships – Sting
- Santa’s Lost His Mojo – Jeremy Lister
- Shimmy Down The Chimney – Alison Krauss
- O Holy Night – Chantal Kreviazuk
- Silent Night – Sixpence None The Richer
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLachlan
- Baby, it’s cold outside – Dean Martin
- The Fairytale of New York – The Pogues
- Mary Had a Baby – Bruce Cockburn
- Christmas Time – Smashing Pumpkins
- Merry Christmas Everyone! – Shakin’ Stevens
- Merry Xmas Everybody – Slade
- Run Run Rudolph – Chuck Berry
- Christmas Wrapping – The Waitresses
- Go Tell it On the Mountain – The Blind Boys of Alabama with Tom Waits
- The River – Indigo Girls
- Cool Yule – Louis Armstrong
- White Christmas – Otis Redding
- Blue Christmas – Lady Antebellum