Adapted from the original recipe which uses cashews: Grain-Free Waffles by Danielle Walker
If you tried my Tahini Cookie recipe, or are thinking about getting a jar of tahini and wondering what to do with the rest of it, look no further! As always, my recipes are tweaked, so use your judgement on the consistency of the batter; you may need a little more flour or non-dairy milk.
PREP TIME: 12 mins / COOK TIME: 10 mins / TOTAL TIME: 22 mins
- 2 eggs for almond meal, 3 eggs for coconut flour (I used medium)
- 1/3 cup (75g) tahini
- 1/3 cup (75ml) almond milk
- 3 tablespoons honey, maple or date syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (1/5 cup) or 1 cup (115g) almond meal
- A pinch of cinnamon & nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine the eggs, tahini, non-dairy milk, honey/alternative and melted coconut oil in a blender. Pulse & blend until the batter is smooth & creamy.
- Add the salt, baking soda, and chosen flour, then pulse & blend again for about a minute until the dry ingredients are mixed in.
- If the waffle iron requires oil, brush on a little coconut oil (both sides). Pour the batter into the waffle iron so it just covers the bottom portion of the iron. DON’T overfill as I did; these waffles rise nicely and you’ll waste valuable eating time doing clean-up!
- Cook the waffles for about a minute or so, depending on your waffle iron. If they lift easily with a fork when you open the lid, they are ready!
- Repeat until you run out of batter.
Serve with date syrup, honey or maple syrup.