I these easy instructions from The Kitchn if you’ve never tried! On a work day, I use Merchant Gourmet Red & White Ready Quinoa, or supermarket own brand variants, to save on time & sanity. I don’t have a microwave (cue horrified gasps) so I open the pack and heat the quinoa on a tray on the bottom shelf of the oven, while the veggies are roasting on the top shelf. This makes the quinoa slightly crunchy, a good balance to the softened veggies.
Jewelled Quinoa with Roasted Carrots & Beetroot
- Peel & cube 3 beetroot and 4 carrots
- Toss them in olive oil, salt & pepper and some cumin powder
- Pop them in the oven at 200C/400F, on the top shelf.
- Set your timer for 20 minutes.
- Heat the quinoa on another tray on the bottom shelf at the same time, or follow the instructions on the packet.
- Toss them all together at the end with some mixed salad leaves and voila, easy lunch or dinner! You could also add some leftover chicken or sausage on the top for a more substantial meal.
What do you think? Something to try? Love it? Hate it? Got a quinoa recipe to share? Join the discussion below!